Wednesday 29 April 2009

Me and my shadows


Just back from an 8 mile run in the countryside with Joe (my springer spaniel). Decided to wear my old favourites "Hi Tek Silver Shadow".
I first had a pair of these 24 years ago when I was 12 years old, in fact they were the very first pair of "proper" running shoes I ever owned. Prior to owning these I ran everywhere in plimsolls (sandshoes) so putting these on was like wrapping my feet in the most luxuriously soft material known to man. Over the years nothing has changed with the styling of the shoes. No airbags, torsion beams, gel pouches, stability strips...nothing!! and thats my reason for wearing them.

My Fivefingers still have not turned up (Boo!!) so I decided to go minimal with what I had lying around. Great run, cracking weather believe it or not (yes the sun does come out now and again in Scotland). Focussing on correct technique and enjoying the scenery more than putting the head down and "gunning it", was a terrific way to get the miles in.

Joe's now having a nap while I relax and update my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment